Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy Goes Black Face To Portray Martin Luther King But Elementary School Kicks Him Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy Goes Black Face To Portray Martin Luther King But Elementary School Kicks Him Out

[WSHH]wshh89VqKf76q72fMSn4[/WSHH]

A second-grader at Meridian Ranch Elementary school in Colorado Springs was pulled out of class on Wednesday for painting his face black. Sean King dressed up as Martin Luther King, Jr. for a class project. “It was wax museum day for the second-graders and each one dressed up as a historical figure they were assigned,” said Sean’s mother, Michelle King- Roca. King-Roca said Sean was so excited for the project. “He said, 'Mom, I want to wear a black suit because that’s what he wore, a black tie, a white shirt and also I want to do my face black and wear a mustache,” said King-Roca.

Sean’s parents came with him to school, as did the other second grade parents, to watch the presentations. “Right before it was time to come in (to the classroom), the principal came up and stated he (Sean) was to take the face mask off. There was a person in the faculty that had an issue with it,” said King-Roca. King-Roca said she and her husband, Anthony, were stunned and shocked.

Source: KRDO

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X