P. Diddy Wants to Own N.Y. NBA Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. Diddy Wants to Own N.Y. NBA Team

Sean "P. Diddy" Combs wants to purchase the New York Knicks.

The hip-hop/fashion mogul and devout fan of Gotham's National Basketball Association (NBA) franchise proclaimed his interest during an appearance Tuesday on Howard Stern's syndicated morning radio show.

"I think I could do a good job," Combs said, admitting that his efforts to engage in talks with the team's current ownership have to this point been fruitless. "I'm publicly puttin' it out there, because they're not taking my calls.

"I think some new blood up in there... I'm not saying let's get rid of the owners, I'm saying put me down. Put me in the game... Because it's not going down right now."

His desire stems from the team's poor performance over the past several years. The Knicks finished the 2002-2003 season with a losing record. "I wanna make sure we gonna win," Combs said.

During the interview, Combs criticized the team's personnel decisions. "We're making rush decisions," he said. "I think we need a team that also reflects the spirit of the city. We need an aggressive, fast team that knows how to run."

When contacted, a representative for the Knicks had no comment on Combs' comments.

Combs also used the interview to plug the "Bad Boys II" soundtrack, issued last week as the first release on his reactivated Bad Boy Records label.

As previously reported, the set boasts songs by Combs, 50 Cent, Nelly, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Will Smith, one of the film's co-stars.

"Bad Boys II" opened as the No. 1 film in the U.S. over the weekend, taking in $46.5 million its first three days in theaters.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X