Major Update On Sean O'Haire's Arrest; He Denies It All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Update On Sean O'Haire's Arrest; He Denies It All

A professional wrestler is facing assault charges on Hilton Head Island for allegedly throwing punches outside the ring. But he says he's the one getting unfairly slammed.

Sean Haire, 33, of Hilton Head, was charged with two counts of simple assault and battery after allegedly hitting, shoving and kicking two women at a bar last month.

According to arrest warrants, Haire - that's Sean O'Haire to his fans - assaulted the women at Club Hypnotic on June 12 at about 2:30 a.m.

According to arrest warrants, Haire allegedly hit Ivy Rowland "with an upward blow to the face and head, knocking her hat off and later shoved her to the floor."

The warrant claims Haire punched Deirdre Clancy "in her face, knocking her to the ground and then he kicked her in the head and back while she was on the floor. The victim sustained trauma to her head and back necessitating emergency room treatment and follow-up care."

But Haire, who is 6-foot-4 and weighs 270 pounds, said Wednesday the women attacked him.

"I'm a professional fighter," he said. "If I was going to assault these people, they'd be in the hospital."

He said he was in Club Hypnotic's VIP room when one of the women came up and started dancing against him. After he declined her attention, he claims she pushed him and he told a bouncer to "Get this stupid bitch away from me."

"I flicked her hat off," Haire said.

After that, three men started swinging at him and the other woman joined in, Haire said during a phone interview Wednesday. All are strangers to him.

The women hit him in the face, split his lip and tore his shirt, he said. Still, he thought nothing of it and was surprised when the women swore out a warrant for his arrest. He was arrested Tuesday and taken to the Beaufort County Detention Center.

"You can make up anything," he said. "Just common sense shows it's ridiculous and they're trying to get something out of it."

Haire was a well-known wrestler for World Wrestling Entertainment before he was released from his contract a couple of months ago. He said he is training for full-contact shoot fighting. His next fight is scheduled for Sept. 18 in Los Angeles.

Source: AP

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X