Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Matt Hardy Released

The WWE has released Matt Hardy.

Matt's release was said to be related strongly to the fact that he went so public with the Edge/Lita situation. He made several public commentaries regarding the matter on his website, and the word is even going around that an associate close to him was believed to have even gone as far as to contact Internet and news outlets about the Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita drama, which painted Hardy to WWE management as an "Internet stooage."

When push came to shove, Edge was more of an important asset to the company, which left Hardy to fulfill in the victim role in the situation.

Some even think Hardy's release was partially due to backstage heat between he and WWE Executive Vice President of Talent Relations John Laurinatis, which goes back several years. As the story goes, Laurinatis came to WWE in 2001, and a lot of WWE stars, including Hardy, weren't happy with someone coming in from the WCW merger trying to instruct them how to work. Once Laurinatis gained some political power behind-the-scenes, it worked against Hardy.

There are some close to Hardy who say he's been "burned out" by his situation the last several weeks/months and that he's looking at the release from the company as a way to move on. The feeling among most wrestlers was that Hardy's release was a mistake, as he was a well liked hard worker for the company, that got along with pretty much everyone.

Source: PWInsider.com

The WWE has just looking for an excuse to get rid of Hardy. Edge is the bigger talent so they did what they had to do. You can't tell me that what Edge and Lita did were moraly right. What they did was a lot worse than Matt Hardy posting stuff on his site.

By the way, last month on Matt Hardy's official website, he did take down some photos of Lita. When he was asked about it by the fans on his message board, he replied:

"I asked Kirby to temporarily take all pictures of Amy off the website for now. If you happen to run into Amy at an appearance, I think you should ask her why her pictures have been taken down."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X