Chris Candito passes away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Candito passes away

Details are still sketchy regarding the death of Chris Candito (Chris Candido) earlier today at the age of 33.

There are conflicting reports regarding the cause of death, and the police in Matawan, NJ, where he lives, were not able to confirm his death.

Candito suffered a broken leg on Sunday's Lockdown PPV from TNA, and underwent surgery on Monday. He appeared as a manager at the TV tapings Tuesday night before returning home.

Candido was a prominent part of tomorrow's TNA Impact TV show, interfering and leading to The Naturals winning the NWA tag titles over Chris Harris & James Storm.

Source: wrestlingobserver.com

Another wrestling death. That really sucks.

Comment

BILL APTER REACTS TO CHRIS CANDIDO DEATH

BILL APTER REACTS TO CHRIS CANDIDO DEATH
      By: Bill Apter
      4/29/2005 1:11:53 AM

I saw Chris Candido just last month at the NWA Cyberspace show in Wayne, New Jersey. Chris had a renewed focus and obviously beaten the demons of his past. I spoke with him on the telephone just a few hours before he went into the ring at Sunday's TNA pay-per-view and he was so onto his game. He sounded like a hungry rookie again.
      Chris had a wonderful sense of humor and always told me I was like an uncle to him. We had some wonderful times together -- just the two of us - and with Tammy many times as well. The news of his death is one of severe shock and dismay. I will miss him so very much.

Comment

Candidio's Brother confirms cause

CANDIDO'S BROTHER CONFIRMS CAUSE OF DEATH

Posted by Johnny Candido at usaprowrestling.net:

"I find it only fitting you hear the truth from me about the death of my bestfriend, brother, and soulmate. Chris died tonight due to a blood clot brought on by complications with his surgery.

I just want to tell everyone that in their sorrow, find a way to be happy that he went out the way he wanted to...on top of the world, blonde, tan, and loving life up until the last minute. Every ounce of my brother loved this sport, and for him to go out 2 or 3 years ago wouldn't have been a fitting end to the life of such a determined, passionate, and benevolent human being.

I truly view my brother as an angel as will all who knew him. Thanks to everyone for all your positive press, Chris went out a happy man and will forever live on as the(one of) greatest of all time. He would have had it no other way."

Comment

Chris Jericho talks about Candido

From chrisjericho.com

Just a quick message that I felt I had to write after hearing about the tragic passing of Chris Candido.

It's strange in life how you meet so many people and then lose touch with them and for me Chris was one of those people. When I worked in Smoky Mountain Wrestling in 94, he was one of my closest friends in the company. I hung with him quite a bit as we had a lot in common when it came to our love for wrestling and our love for Kiss. Yeah, that's right, Chris was a huge Kiss fan, as was I at the time. As a result we spent a lot of time together talking about both. I bought my first box of Metr-X shakes with him and I even borrowed a pair of shorts in order to go swimming in his pool...shorts that I still have, so I guess stole not borrowed is the proper word to use!

After I left SMW I kept in touch with both Tammy and he for a while, and then we both moved on. But I always followed what he was and wasn't doing though.

Chris really, honestly loved the wrestling biz and I was always a fan of his work. When he got out of wrestling for a few years, I kept an eye on his whereabouts and I was so happy for him when he redebuted in TNA this year. Wrestling was where he belonged and to know that he left us while he was employed full-time by a national company was the way it should have been for him. He was a pro through and through and he will always have my respect as a person and as a performer.

God Bless your soul Chris, I'll always remember you...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X